well kiddies its the 4th of july and how did that happen??? it has been a wonderful day. I slept in LATE for the first time since I was a teenager which was a Really Long Time ago. Had an awesome breakfast of eggs with a ton of veggies in it. missed the farmers market cuz I slept in like a teenager. I left the boys at home to fix the chicken coop and I took myself downtown saugatuck to the art fair.
I had a great time looking at all of the peeps down there. the tourists are in prime season, black sox, large brimmed hats, puppies in carriers, oh and ice cream eating. love watching them....spend their money!
Anyway bought some art work from a really cool lady from winona lake indiana (nicole) and another nice lady I bought jewwlry from (sally from indianapolis in) They made my day cuz they were just so pleasant. Nicole has a etsy shop you should take a look at. www.artandsoulshop.etsy.com is her shop. she has quirky sayings on neat art!
the sun has been shining, the breeze is good and my boys had fun today. what more can i ask for on a holiday weekend?
oh by the way here is the yougurt recipe I promised. I have to give my friend Trish credit for this recipe.
yogurt recipe
take one gallon of milk (your choice)
put it in your crockpot (I have a large oval that works really well)
turn crockpot on high for 3 hours. (or till the temp reaches about 185)
turn the crockpot off until the temp reaches about 125. (I have had to take the lid off so the temp drops)
take 1-2 cups of milk out of pot, mix in storebought yogurt (one single serving size) and mix it back into the crockpot.(I have found that "dannon" like yogurt makes less creamy whereas useing the kids yogurt makes it really creamy) make sure the yogurt has active yogurt cultures. you can also buy the bacteria you need from the health food store.
take the crock part out, wrap it in 2-3 towels and let it sit for 8-12 hours. skim off excess water after it has been sitting for that amount of time and put your new yogurt in containers.
you can flavor the yogurt with fruit or just plain flavorings (vanilla, orange, lemon, raspberry)
enjoy!!!
so as the day is winding down and we have eaten dinner I have sent the boys out to fish again. My kitchen will get only so clean tonight, because my spinning wheel is calling me.....
NO tract home, conformist, fenced in, coffee clutching, keeping up with the jones at my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
blogs I like to paruse and places to go
on the edge thinkers
musings
- cat
- holland, michigan, United States
- wife, mom and yarn addict. welcome to my crazy, fiberous world

No comments:
Post a Comment