Thursday, March 11, 2010

cocoon

The past few weeks have been interesting, to say the least. My road has been rocky and uneven, causing me to trip and stumble. I have made it through the really bumpy parts and am now sitting on a rock, waiting. I am waiting for Gods plan to come to fruition. It was not my doing to lose the safety of the ER, as some paperwork that I have seen recently says. I had no plans of changing my life so drastically to cause such a tornado of emotions or the upheaval it caused my family. I am sure there are some people in the ER that are happy I am gone. I was a renegade in some respects. I worked hard for my patients at any cost. And I went against the grain of the Holland way. For those who truly miss me, I'm sorry I left. The department is quiet now.But anyway, I have survived to tell my story and I did not give up or hide under a rock placing blame on anyone else.
I realized today that I placed myself into a self made cocoon.I crossed the rocky road and when I felt safe enough, I wrapped myself tight to heal. I stayed within the confines of my world, only coming out when I needed to. God wrapped me as well. He wrapped His arms around me, holding me tight, to feel safe, loved, and strengthened. I am so grateful. I am at the point of growth, like the world right now; the earth is coming alive, the birds are awake and singing, the breeze is just a little warmer. I am feeling more alive and renewed. God has been caring for me, allowing me to hibernate and recoup. Just like the butterfly who has been pent up in its cocoon, I am spreading my wings, venturing out, remembering who I am in Christ, and the friends who I have missed. I fear for the unknown, but God will never leave me alone or on my own. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

on the edge thinkers

My photo
holland, michigan, United States
wife, mom and yarn addict. welcome to my crazy, fiberous world