Friday, April 9, 2010

foriegn words

jon and I took the kids to see the BIG BIG BUGS at the Grand Rapids museum last night.I have to say that the bugs were really cool, especially when they are quite a bit bigger than me. we actually took pics and sent them to the little guy( a friend of ours) and told him the bugs were at his house. despite the fact that we had a really good time not only as a family but also with seeing the museum. I bet we missed about half of the museumm itself.
now to the foreign words....when did saying please, thank you and excuse me become words that are not taught to childrem? and when is it okay to let your children scream at the dinner table? (in a crowded place) when did become okay to NOT say anything to your children when they push in front of someone? I found the manners of the children and their parents absolutly awful and abhorent! Manners are so simple but have been lost amongst video games and after school activities. are manners not politcally correct anymore, have they become offensive to people? I dont get it. our children are the future...so what does our future look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

on the edge thinkers

My photo
holland, michigan, United States
wife, mom and yarn addict. welcome to my crazy, fiberous world