Its that time of year again when the school bells ring. the rushing of feet to their classes and the parents say their last goodbyes before the children walk into the classrooms. once again the first bell means you've got a few minutes to run to class. the second one, forget it you're late.
but today is different. the halls are filled with fear and excitement; new teachers, new schedule, a new day. no more summer days of sleeping til the crack of 7am, watching cartoons until mom rolls out of bed at 1000. no more playing outside til dark. no more staying up until 10pm, begging for another story to be read.
my children, christian 7yrs and connor 10yrs old started that new day today. connor of course hid the fact he was just a little freaked out. at the ripe old age of 10, giving mom hugs and kisses is WAY not Cool. "my friends might see me mom!" is what I get instead. christian on the other hand fights back the tears and says I'm okay. although I know different, nd go back to his room to make sure he is not a ball of tears.
thankfully he is just playing away not really acknowledging me as he looks up. and while it stabs at my heart for just a minute, I am glad that he is strong enough to be himself and not cling to me for safety.
my boys are growing before my eyes and I cannot stop it. I can only prepare them for what lies ahead.
NO tract home, conformist, fenced in, coffee clutching, keeping up with the jones at my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
blogs I like to paruse and places to go
on the edge thinkers
musings
- cat
- holland, michigan, United States
- wife, mom and yarn addict. welcome to my crazy, fiberous world

No comments:
Post a Comment