Thursday, June 24, 2010

are ya ready for the next recipe???

okay kiddies...are ya ready for the next installment of non toxic homemade cleaning recipes??? this recipe I got from the Readers Digest Homemade book. I changed it to my own specifications and added some extra stuff. this recipe also works in the dishwasher quite well. kinda cool I think.
Scouring Powder
1 cup baking soda
1 cup borax
1 cup washing soda
1 cup salt (either regular table or large crystal salt)
mix all together and place in a closed container. use as you would other store bought scouring powder.

since using this recipe I have found that whatever I use it on seems cleaner than with the other stuff. maybe it is because I made it myself and that makes me feel better. it doesnt burn your hands either.

I could get on my soapbox (hahahaha funny!) and say that I use this because it is good for the environment, the septic tank, etc. but honestly I use it because it saves me money. whether or not I get a job right away when the kids go back to school, I will still continue to use this stuff. there is no need to use the toxic stuff when you can make it yourself and save a few bucks a month.
stay tuned for more........

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger

on the edge thinkers

My photo
holland, michigan, United States
wife, mom and yarn addict. welcome to my crazy, fiberous world