Monday, June 14, 2010

in the circle of care

so we had to send my mother in law to the hospital again. this time she ended up staying over night and had a stress test this morning. she passed the test with flying colors. the doc said he did not think the chest pain was caused by the heart. she went home with a prescription for prilosec otc and nitroglycerin. it is still odd for me to be in the position that I am in. I spent so much time as the RN at the ED, watching other family members be in the circle of care. I was removed from the money earning care setting and now am in the family care circle. jon (my hubby) and I are the only ones that bev(my mother in law) has to depend on. we are it. we are the ones that she calls when she is in need. this is also a turn around situation for my hubby; her son. now he is the "parent" and we are making sure she is safe, we remember for her when she doesnt remember all of the events leading up to where she is now. life takes a 180 degree turn.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

on the edge thinkers

My photo
holland, michigan, United States
wife, mom and yarn addict. welcome to my crazy, fiberous world