We all know about the survey that named Holland as the 2nd happiest town in the country. Boulder Colorado was the first. Not sure how that happened but it did. I have never been there so I really dont have any comments. Now I have talked to 2 groups of friends. The first wanted to know who "they" spoke with that gave them the idea that Holland was a happy place. The three of us are not the typical Holland residents; we are not dutch. (which when I first moved here was told if you're not Dutch you're not much) My response at that time was the same as it is now, yea whatever.
My other friend and I talked about it today over some very important yarn and she had a different viewpoint. She says that she is happy here in Holland. The other side of that coin is that she still feels like a transplant as do I. So we came up with this: Holland is the second less suckiest place to live in under Boulder, of course. So I guess if that was your view that Holland could very well be considered a happy place to live. I just wish more people in Holland were happy and not afraid to be themselves and not what they think they should be.
My husband pointed out that I started this blog about the same time that this survey came out. Define irony.
On a sillier note, have you ever noticed that a cow can only give you an evil eye out of one eye?
NO tract home, conformist, fenced in, coffee clutching, keeping up with the jones at my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
blogs I like to paruse and places to go
on the edge thinkers
- cat
- holland, michigan, United States
- wife, mom and yarn addict. welcome to my crazy, fiberous world

No comments:
Post a Comment